I am the mother of an 8 year old girl, and I agreed to host a sleepover for 6 other 8-9 year old girls. First let me say that sleepover is not the correct term for 7 little girls who are so excited about the last day of school and hanging out all night that at 2:00 a.m. their shrieks and giggles woke me from a deep sleep. Let me also say that I have never heard more screaming in my life than I did Friday night.
Now my 8 year old couldn't have been more thrilled, and the huge smile on her face all night made it just bearable. A great time was had by all, and I think it was a huge success. My daughter's birthday falls in the middle of summer, and we are never in the desert to celebrate. I promise each year that we will have a post-birthday party, but this busy mom always lets it slip away. The sparkle in her eyes from her joy lasted through the weekend. She walked on air all weekend and thanked me more than once.
Every Sunday night we go around the table and talk about our favorite part of the weekend. Those big diamond eyes glittered as she said, "my birthday sleepover."
Next year I'll buy earplugs.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday- fun! For our last 8th birthday we put them all outside in a tent... a camping trip in the back yard! The neighbors didn't even complain.
Thanks for making my girl so happy!
thank you 4 writing that post.
katy your favorite daughter.
Post a Comment