Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Camping


Hey everyone,

Last week my little sister and I went camping with some friends at this beautiful place called Carlsbad State Park. It was right next to an awesome beach. Everyday we went boogie-boarding and we would ride these amazing waves. But we wore wet-suits so now we have "farmer tans" and they look pretty funny. Every night we would have a camp fire and would roast hot dogs. We had hamburgers, corn, and hand popped pop corn. For dessert we would make delicious smores with extremely melty chocolate. For breakfast we had donuts and cereal. I had such a bad sun burn on my face I looked like a tomato. The ride there and back was really fun. We stopped at this cool beach to look at seals that would come up on shore, and we explored such interesting tidal pools. I lost my footing so much I almost fell in multiple times and I almost dragged one of my friends in with me put but we both were able to stay dry...well, almost. We got to see and pick up these humongous crabs. At Carlsbad we spent half of the time in the sand looking and hunting for these small sand crabs. It was a lot of fun. The ride home was tiring, but I didn't fall asleep. My friend and I almost did though.

As much fun as camping was it was good to take a decent shower and sleep in a real bed.

1 comment:

Aunt Mo said...

I love your posting. You are a very good writer. Maybe you will write like your dad someday. I miss and love you, Aunt Mo