Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Little Girl


So I'm driving down the road taking the wild one to Pre-K, and we're listening to XM Kids. (Channel 116 for those of you with XM. It's great! I love listening to it with him.) We're listening to "Folsom Day Care" which is a play on Johnny Cash's song, and I'm cracking up.

Then, "A Whole New World" beings playing. If you have kids that were born in the 90s you know it. It's the theme song from Aladdin. Well, a certain "almost Sophomore" in high school made us sing it as she fell asleep for two straight years. Every night, this precious little four year old would say, "Aladdin song, Mommy" and I would gently sing it for my angel.

I'm listening to the song having trouble seeing through my windshield due to the tears that are filling my eyes. Out of nowhere. These are Kleenex tears, not just wet eyes. All I can think of is how this little girl has become a wonderful, mature and successful Sophomore. How did this happen? It just seems like yesterday that I was sitting on the edge of the bed singing "Aladdin, Mommy." Just out of nowhere. Wow. The power of song.

1 comment:

LaQuintamomof3 said...

Gave me kleenex tears just to read that!
Feeling a little sentimental thse last few days of the school year.