Monday, June 30, 2008

Boys


Since when are boys more interesting than parents? Since one Simba met a young man with whom she has virtually everything in common...same first names for sisters, same love for Star Wars movies, grandparents living in L named cities in Kentucky, love of animals, he tolerates the country music she loves and he even agreed to see WALL-E with the entire family on Sunday. But I've been home from work for a couple of hours now, and she's spent more time texting him than talking to her beloved mother. How could that be more fun than me?

At least they met at Vacation Bible School. That must be a sign that moving into this next phase of life is somehow a "sacred" time in one's life.

Try telling that to Dad.

2 comments:

LaQuintamomof3 said...

I am SO NOT looking forward to that phase of life, but I know you will handle it with such grace and love and compassion.

I really enjoy watching you love your kids.

You are a "cool" mom-- one I hope to keep learning from!

This must also be a pretty exciting time :)

LaQuintamomof3 said...

I am SO NOT looking forward to that phase of life, but I know you will handle it with such grace and love and compassion.

I really enjoy watching you love your kids.

You are a "cool" mom-- one I hope to keep learning from!

This must also be a pretty exciting time :)