My beautiful 15 year old received her report card today, and I couldn't be more proud. This little girl had to overcome some tough stuff in her life. Aunt Mo can attest to some pretty tough nights trying to write sentences with EVERY vocabulary word, and mom having to leave the room before something very bad happened. Early elementary years weren't easy for this child, but with A LOT of hard work, dedication to academics and smarts, she just finished her freshman year with a cumulative 4.52, semester 4.6. She is in the IB program at her high school, and it is like rocket science. She's taken honor classes, worked hard, and finished the year with straight As. She's 21st in a class of 812.
This, of course, has reminded us of Abbey's great-grandmother. That would be Laura's grandmother, Jackie's mom. When Abbey was born, this Grandmother, Rose (for whom Elly is named) or Grandma D to her 19 grandchildren, used to say, "That Abbey is sooo smart. She's just like her father." What? What was that? What about her mother? Your flesh and blood? The one who graduated 2nd in her class? (I hate to brag, of course, but it's needed for this story) No, it was instead Abbey's father who Grandma D would point to when her darling granddaughter walked, talked, spouted Greek philosophy....you get the point.
So, Grandma D, I know you are looking down from heaven, blessing this family, and saying, "I'm not surpised. I always knew Abbey was smart like her father."
2 comments:
Abigail, I am so proud of you. Yes, there were many homework struggles but who remembers those now. You are clearly my favorite Goddaughter. I love you. Aunt Mo
Way to go Abby! Can't wait to see you all very soon.
michele
Post a Comment