Today was summer haircut day. Ben asked for the "spiky look" and didn't stop talking until the last bit of product sculpted his new look. It seems like yesterday I was sitting in the chair with him in my lap screaming his lungs out while I got covered in hair. He was the consummate gentleman today, very close to charming. The young lady cutting his hair smiled often. Who wouldn't?
And then history repeated itself when Katy requested a "Kit" cut. Her older sister Abbey did the same around the same age. It's appropriate this weekend because the new Kit movie will be in theaters July 2nd. We are all excited to see it. Kit is the American Girl from Cincinnati, and being Cincinnati-born, my girls have always loved Kit more than the other American Girls. You can learn more about American Girl by clicking here. http://www.americangirl.com/ American Girl is an amazingly creative way to interest girls age 6-12 in history through a doll from a particular point in time. There is Addy, the young slave, Kaya, the Native American and Kit, living through the Great Depression in Cincinnati, Ohio. They are just three of the many girls whose adventures you can follow. The books are interesting, educational and Abbey loved them. It's now Katy's turn to immerse herself in history and enjoy the series. They are highly recommended by this family.
2 comments:
That's my Kate. Benjamin is a ham! It's time for my summer cut as well. Maybe next weekend if i decide to go to Rochester!
we all need summer "dos"! I have threatended the boys that it will be summer shearing- boy do they need it.
I can't wait until Bella has enough hair to cut :)
I am looking forwrd to the American Girl experience as well.
Michele
Post a Comment