Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving treat

"Happy Thanksgiving little sister" were the first words he has said to me in 3 years. "Who is this?" is what I said back. At first i was sure it was one of my old neighbors who are like big brothers; Josh, Little E or Trey. I was TOTALLY wrong. "If this is Elly it is Corey." My mouth dropped and i got tears in my eyes. As I showed the text to my mom, sisters, and dad the only words I could say was, "Look who this text is from." Their reaction, the same as mine. I was so so SO excited. After 3 years of sending holiday cards, house calls, and hearing nothing but silence from him killed us. Hearing from him out of the blue like that made me feel like I didn't need anything else for the rest of the holiday. As soon as my sisters and I were done eating we went outside and took thousands of pictures to send to him. Thanks big bro for the great surprise. We love you and can't wait to hear from you soon!!! <33 (that's a heart for people who don't know what that was.)

3 comments:

Laura La Quinta said...

i did pretty good on that post if i may say so myself.
- Elly

Aunt Mo said...

I missed you too, Corey. You made my holiday as well.

Love you,
Aunt Mo

Judy said...

This brought tears to my eyes. It is never too late....

Love you,
Judy